Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Long holiday after 4th year

Haha..this is my 2nd post after created this blog in February..There was some moment that i felt like writing blog but the laziness in my 4th year just ruin my intention off...In this beautiful morning, i am writing something from my auntie house in spore(blk 918, jurong west st 91)...This is the longest hols i ever had in my med sch..(elective in HK also considered hols)...

After my DHP exam in 8/5/09, i straight away flied to HK from KK for my one month elective posting in Queen Mary Hospital(teaching hospital of Hong Kong Uni)....Togather with me in this trip was Kai fei...we went there early so that we were able to explore more about HK before elective started...One thing very lucky was that we were able to stay in Madam SH Ho Residence as this helped us to save alot of money..(Hostel/hotel in HK r damn ex lah)....I went to Macau before elective starte...I promise myself that i will revisit macau again no matter(until now, i still miss macau very very much)...Besides that, i was able to know Mr. Francisco Chan, a very good fren and scouter(we r scout)...haha..he is very humble and frenly..during our stay(2 days one nite) in Macau, the hospitaliy given by him was really excellent..Indeed my pleasure to have him when i was in Macau...After elective started, we only able to visit HK during weekend..However, me n kai fei were able to visit most of the tourism spots in HK such as madam tussaud wax house, disneyland, ocean park, stanley, big buddha etc.....

Besides that, i was able to visit Shenzhen with one of my HK frenz, Eric Li..Although we knew each other in very short time, we were able to become a good frenz...we discussed a lot of cases in the ward....haha..Shenzhen, First economy zone in China...things in shenzhen are cheaper than in HK..however, compare to other parts of China, it is still ex..however, i was amazed by the drastical development in shenzhen...After the country releases from communist, they are able to develop in very short period..This is the thing MALAYSIA shld be shamed off...after 52 years indepence from British, the country still under-developed..Malaysia shld be one of the developed contry by now as we have so many resources...but why???i really have no comment...

Another unforgottable moment was that the lecturers in HKU were so excellent...I really learned alot from them compare to my own SPU lecturers..Lecturers in HKU were just simply too good..no wonder HKU is one of the top uni in the world n asia..My supervisor Prof Dr Stephen Lee, he is a great dr and teacher..Also, i like to express my gratitude to the grp that i attached with...because of u all, the moment i had in HK was an unforgattable wan...Julie, cindy, jenks, clarence, ivan, winston and billy..indeed my pleasure to know u all..I hope that i can meet u all in the near future...Do contact me when u step in Malaysia...

I went bc to msia on 15/6/09..We spent one nite in HK international airport before departing bc to Malaysia..After bc from HK...i had this post-elective syndrome...I miss HK and Macau badly..i felt like wanna stay in HKU to complete my final year..i dun wan to come bc to msia...i dun wan to go bc to Sabah...Luckily, i slowly recovered from this syndrome....

However, i m so lucky is that i go bc on 15/6/09...sumthing happen on my dad..on thursday morning(18/6/09) morning(5am), he knocked my door loudly..wasting no time, i rushed outside to see anything happen..i saw my dad shivering while sitting on the chair...He told me he felt very cold..i quickly check his temp and pulse(no BP set for me)..oh my gosh, it was 40.5 degree celcius, i hardly felt the pulse(it was pulseless anyway)...i quickly sent him to Mahkota Medical centre togather with mum...act, he was admitted to MMC 3 weeks before(when i was in HK)...that time he was admitted due to AF secondary to thyrotoxicosis and epigastric pain...then, dr incidentally found 2 biji of stones in the gallbladder...bc to this current issue, the MO in emergency department quickly admitted dad into ward and i accompanied him until Dr Ang(cardiologist) came for consultation....In the afternoon, dad started to have generalised abdominal pain and vomited greenish vomitus...i realized that sumthing was not right..because of greenish vomitus, i immediately tot of bile..must be sumthing wrong with the gallbladder or the biliary system....i called dr ang immediately and he came to see my dad..he noe i m a med student..he told me that my dad had bacteremia..it was gram negative bacteria...immediately he was started on cefuroxime and he was refered to Dr Chow(gastroenterologist)...Dr Chow told my dad his gallbladder might already inflam and need operation immediately...he gave my dad tramadol to relieve tha pain...the next morning, Dr Wu(general surgeon) came and reviewed my dad before the operation..he told me that he will do laparoscopic first..if the gallbladder is not perforated, then he will do lap chole..however, from the laporoscopic, it shown that the gallbladder has already perforated and the bile already leak into the abdominal cavity...oh gosh, dr wu had no choice but to perform a open cholecystectomy..the surgery lasted for 2 hour and dad was sent to ICU for 2 days...DRs were wonder that how come my dad only felt pain when the gallbladder already perforated...mean that during the inflammation took place, my dad has no pain at all...after further questioning my dad, dr come to conclusion, this was the effect from the chinese medicine from 杨伟雄..the chinese medicine has steroid...steroid mask the pain effect from my dad...rupanya, my dad has intermittent fever prev but there was no pain from the abdomen...wah kau...stupid chinese med..this make me dun trust chinese med anymore...actually, i was very worried during the surgery...i was the AF might gv prob to the surgery...however, thank god, nan mo guang shi ying pu sha...dad's heart was pretty well during the 2 hour surgery....luckily, dr ang is able to treat dad's thyrotoxicosis 2 weeks before surgery..if not...hai...no eyes to see...

I always pray for my dad and thank god..he already discharged on last friday(26/6/09) and i am enjoying myself now in spore...

I reached spore on 27/6/09...haha..i meet ah theng and chai teck...long time we never meet d...haha..Spore has megasale now..alot of thinggs are damn cheap...i spent alot of money in shopping and dining...haha....sad thing is that i m goin bc to msia this afternoon..this mean that my hols goin to end soon...

1 comment:

  1. hais.....dad so serious ho....but u and mum always in phone told me " nothg" and "small ccase" mia

    ReplyDelete